These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Exception of type System.Exception was thrown

FileVistaControl was working great... but I had to move a site to a new server. After I did this, I started getting the error I put in the subject every time I tried to upload a file larger than 48k. Event viewer gave a little more detail. The last line of the stack trace is below.

GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.UploadHttpModule.contextBeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Installers\FileVistaControl\Components\GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer\UploadHttpModule.cs:line 137

What is strange about this is the path above is actually to my local machine. That path does not exist on the new server it errors on or the old server it was working on. I'm not sure if that is an issue or not? I don't remember ever setting this information manually.

I've also noticed that the first 48k of each file does make it up to the temp folder, but that is it. I've checked everything I can think of that caps filesizes (windows server 2003 and IIS, so I checked metabase and web.config), but it all seems to be set correctly. Just to be sure that wasn't an issue, I tested an upload with a basic asp:fileupload control and that worked fine for filesizes up to 100 Mb.

I should also note that the progress bar never shows any progress, even during the first 48k of the upload.

Any ideas on this one???

Thanks a ton!

Jake
Jake 9/8/2009 2:43 PM
Your problem seems to be about conflicting HttpModules. 
Don't bother the error message, you compiled the DLL on the local machine that's why the debug information (*.pdb file) contains the local path to the source files.

Please first try moving UploadHttpModule to the top in the HttpModules section if possible. See the following topic for more information:
httpmodules limit the size of upload
Cem Alacayir 10/6/2009 4:15 AM