These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

How to display file extension

Hi,
I've no file extension displayed in the file list. Is there an option to set to have them displayed ?
josto 9/18/2009 8:18 AM
We removed the file extensions from the list because they are not changeable via renaming anyway for security reasons, i.e you can not upload .jpg file and then rename it to .exe file.

You can already know the type of the file via the icon or the Type column.
However if you want to see the full name of the file including the extension, you can wait few seconds on the file name and see the tooltip.
Cem Alacayir 10/6/2009 7:17 AM
Cem,

Our users see this as a take-away of features. People want to know what type of file they are looking at by the extension as this is an established standard. At the minimum, there should be the option to display or hide extensions. When will such a feature be available?

AHarris 11/8/2009 1:51 PM
We also are having complaints about the missing file extension.  I believe this should be configurable option.  Has there been any movement on this item?
Rob 1/8/2010 9:38 AM
FYI, this feature is now included in v1.9:

- Added: New property "ShowFileExtensions" for forcing to show the extension part of the file names. When this property is enabled, the extensions will be shown and editable in the prompt dialog boxes too.
For instance, on "Rename" and "Add to Zip" actions, changing the extension part is possible. The actions will fail if the new extension does not match the allowed types of the folder.
Cem Alacayir 3/22/2010 3:37 PM
Thanks a lot. I'll have a look at your new version. Great job
josto 3/23/2010 12:36 AM