These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Uploading Folders?

Any chance we might see an upgrade that allows you to upload folders and subfolders and all files contained therein?  Love your software, but this would really help.
Tim 9/27/2009 10:13 PM
Uploading folders can only be possible with Java applets (cross browser) or ActiveX controls (IE only). We can't do it with Flash or Silverlight as they have high security requirements, ie. they don't allow the user to choose a folder instead of files. We have plans to improve upload features in this year and we may depend on a Java applet for folder uploading.
Cem Alacayir 1/15/2010 6:34 AM
This feature was promised on the website and it is disappointing that it cannot do this.  When will this be added?
Steve Delaney 3/1/2010 1:24 PM
You are wrong, this feature is not promised on the web site. I guess you confuse it with "Downloading Folders".
Yes, the product allows you to download folders (as a zip file) but not to upload folders (yet).
Uploading folders is a more complex issue (we are limited with browser standards) but we will work on this.
Cem Alacayir 3/31/2010 11:07 PM
I see this is an older thread, but I am new to using filevista. I'm working remotely with a company building etraining, and I was wondering if the issue of uploading an entire folder has been resolved. 

As of now, I'm unable to send them my work because of how the program saves...

I was unable to find other information online about this - they basically handed me this computer and said 'get to it'!
Laura Kerrone 2/6/2013 2:12 AM
Hi Laura,
How about zipping the folder (as simple as Send to -> Compressed Folder) before uploading, then extracting the zip in FileVista after it's uploaded. This way you can keep all the folder structure as it is.

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 2/6/2013 1:15 PM