These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Adding Buttons on Fullscreen mode

I am attempting to use "Fullscreen=true" which works nicely to automatically resize the control.  I am however attempting to add some "logout buttons" and text in the upper right hand corner.  I have accomplished this using z-index, however I am having an issue with z-index in IE6/7.

I read that it should be solved by adding absolute positioning throughout, however I can't seem to make this work with the filevistacontrol.

Any ideas on adding buttons to the control for Logout???

Rizzo 10/9/2009 7:06 AM
Still having this issue with IE6/7 - apparently working fine in new IE8.  I would appreciate any suggestions/alternatives.

Thanks

Rizzo 10/14/2009 1:58 PM
For adding buttons to the toolbar, first modify your host page body tag as <body onload=”onPageLoad”> and include the following js code, in your page’s external or internal js code:

function onPageLoad() {
    controlLoadCompleteEvent = onControlLoadComplete;
}

function onControlLoadComplete() {
    toolbar.onButtonClick = onNewButtonClick;
    toolbar.setImagesPath("images/toolbar/");
    toolbar.renderItem(toolbar.addSeparator());
    toolbar.renderItem(toolbar.addButton("Logout", "Log out", "logout.png"));
}

function onNewButtonClick(e, button) {
      switch (button.command) {
            case "Logout":
                  //Do your log-out code here
                  break;
            default:
                onButtonClick(e, button); 
                break;
    }
}

Regarding adding other text, add this markup right after the end of the filevistacontrol's tag:

<div id="divToolbarInfo" style="position: absolute; top:10px; right:10px;">Some toolbar info</div>
Cem Alacayir 1/15/2010 7:04 AM
Hey Cem,

This solution seems to be out of date with the most current version.
toolbar is a BarInfo but it has none of the methods in this example.  Is there a more up to date example of adding buttons?
Jason Vetter 9/17/2012 6:03 AM
Jason, please see Add a button in the toolbar (FileUltimate) for the latest example.
Cem Alacayir 10/3/2012 5:51 PM