These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Programmatically expand specific folder.

Hello.

I have a root folder that has 7 child node folders. Instead of making each child a root within the server-side code, I'd like to keep the structure I have but open the child folder of the root based on a querystring path variable. Is this possible? I've  read you can use treeNode.childNodes[x].select() but I don't know how to derive the index of the node within the js or server-side code. I'd prefer server-side if you have a sample.

Thanks.
sapa IT 11/29/2009 9:50 PM
Yes, this can be possible but you need to combine server and client side code.

Open FileVista\FileVistaControl\scripts\filevista.js and find these lines:

if (treeNodeFirstLoad) {
        treeNode.sortChildren();
        treeNode.loadChildren();
    }

Add this line in this if block:

if (treeNodeFirstLoad) {
        treeNode.sortChildren();
        treeNode.loadChildren();

if (treeNode.parent == tree.root)
                     tree.selectNode(currentFolder.rootFolderID, "Some subfolder");

}

Now, FileVista will select the subfolder of the root folder which is named "Some subfolder" on load.
You need to pass your querystring path value somehow in place of this parameter.

I recommend you to include a hidden field in your page:

<input type="hidden" name="folderToSelect" value="<%=Request.QueryString["path"]%>" />

Then you can access the querystring from javascript with document.getElementById("folderToSelect").value

So the final code will be

if (treeNodeFirstLoad) {
        treeNode.sortChildren();
        treeNode.loadChildren();

if (treeNode.parent == tree.root)
                     tree.selectNode(currentFolder.rootFolderID, document.getElementById("folderToSelect").value);

}

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 1/15/2010 4:39 PM