These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

limitation (upload & download)

Hello,

I want to know if it's possible to upload AND download file greater than 2GB
Is it a limitation of IIS, browsers or 32 bits ?

Thanks in advance,

François
Francois Bourget 12/15/2009 7:16 PM
I believe this is a limitation of IIS.  You may have to edit the metabase.
Here is a link that may help http://www.banmanpro.com/support2/File_Upload_limits.asp

Thanks,
Robert
Robert 1/7/2010 7:02 PM
It's both IIS and browsers limit.

Software              Versions         Upload limit 
Internet explorer    All versions     2GB-1 
Mozilla Firefox        All versions     2GB-1 
IIS                      1-5                2GB-1 
IIS                      6                   4GB-1 
ASP                     All versions      2GB-1 

However we plan to break this limit by improving the upload mechanism (chunked upload method).
Cem Alacayir 1/15/2010 4:57 PM
Any idea on when this feature will be completed?  We'd like to use FileVista for a project where I work but we're working with large video files.  Thanks.
-Jim
Jim Garrison 2/1/2010 11:11 AM
We'd really like to buy the source code edition of this but we need to be able to upload really larget files.  50-60 GB video files.  Please let me know if this feature is coming.
Jim Garrison 2/12/2010 10:03 AM
We actually worked on the download limitation.
I have sent you an update for enabling to download files larger than 2 GB.
We will include this update in the next release.
Please let us know your test results.

The upload limitation requires more work but I think in few months we will also break this limit.
Cem Alacayir 3/1/2010 1:27 PM
Hi.

We just bought the 3.6 version 'unlimited' license, and I'm interested in the fix you sent to Jim Garrison above as well.

Additionally, I have questions regarding the use of UNC shares for user root folders with FileVista.  I can't seem to get it to work when using a domain account (app pool won't stay started in IIS - win2003 standard IIS 6 - ASP.NET 2.0 with SP2).

Should I submit a different post for that problem?

Thanks.
Jay Crump 3/25/2010 1:31 PM
Hi,
Please upgrade to v3.8 which is recently released, for the fix.
I have answered your email regarding UNC problem.
Cem Alacayir 3/31/2010 10:59 PM

Not to beat a year old thread but any idea if > 2Gb uploads will be supported anytime soon?
I remember reading something about a silverlight upload module a while back, it sounds like 
a great idea. Got to love these antiquated limitations.

Not Steve 10/5/2011 10:26 PM
Yes, it's still on the to-do list, some other features took precedence. However we have some improvements already implemented in FileUltimate v3.0 and  which will also appear in FileVista v4.5. The files will be uploaded one by one so the 2GB limit will be per file and not per the total size of the files added to the upload dialog box.
Cem Alacayir 10/12/2011 1:24 PM