These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Shared Network disk connections

Hi,
I installed webexplorer on a Win 2000 Server w IIS 5.0 machine. The document directory (wexroot) is a virtual directory set in IIS referring to a shared network directory (\\serverXXX\Documents) on another win 2000 server.

I found that:

1) If I upload any file, the uploading is very low (< 1k/s) and also the visualization of the web pages (with the list of directories and files) in low.

2) If I make the virtual directory point to a directory located on the same web server (i.e. C:\Documents), the speed is very high (1.5 Mb in about 4 seconds, also for the visualization of directories and files).

The network is a 100Mbit LAN without any network problem (high traffic, jamming etc.).

Unfortunatly I can't use local directories, only shared network directories.

Do you have any idea?

massimiliano 10/17/2002 4:01 AM
Hi,
You may try to install WebExplorer on the server that your document folder resides actually and then create a virtual folder on your web server to point it. The speed may improve if WebExplorer and the files are on the same server.
Cem Alacayir 10/24/2002 9:21 AM