These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

file-folder synchronization

Hello Cem,

I have a new suggestion for FileVista. 
File-folder synchronization, it would be nice to have a "small" plug-in that user can download upon first log-in on the FileVista, but ONLY those users which are allowed to use file synchronization will be able to see the Plug-in download popup window.

When we create a new user we can for example "enable" og "disable" file synchronization for specified user....
And when user download this plug-in than I think it would be nice to have a small icon down in the right corner besides a clock, which shows that plug-in is up and running.

Now if users are working with some files than they can just either move or copy the files in the specified location on the PC perhaps "desktop" and than plug-in should upload that file on to FileVista.(allow users to choose folder location on the pc which will be synchronized with FileVista.

which locations? yes for example when we enable file synchronization for specified user and than allow user to choose his folder in the FileVista which will take the synchronized files, and the same on the Plug-in allow user to open this small program and let them choose which folder on the PC will be synchronized....

I think this would be very usefull in case working with Word files Excel etc whatever....
which means users can for example open a word file and work with it, than just "save" the file and once file is saved it should be synchronized - uploaded to the FileVista server....

Thank You
Best regards
Amel

Amel 6/18/2010 12:02 PM
Thanks for you suggestion, Amel. It's a complex feature to implement but I have noted it.
Cem Alacayir 7/6/2010 2:09 PM
Yes, I belive it, but it`s great to note so You can see in which version You can implement it... but it`s nice option belive me....
thank You very much Cem !!
Amel 7/8/2010 1:23 AM
Looks like a service called dropbox... www.dropbox.com
Mike Verboom 10/4/2010 5:56 AM
Yes, something like that would be nice....
Amel 10/4/2010 10:26 AM
Just a thought but...

I don't know if webdav is implemented in Filevista but there are some great webdav folder sync apps 
that would accomplish this.

I guess it would save time in coding a module & app if there are already ones out there.

Steve
Steve 11/10/2010 9:12 AM