These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Error "LC.exe exited with code -1" when compiling source code

Hi,

I have opened a ticket with support but didn't receive any answers, so I'm asking again here:

I tried to deploy the source code version of the v4.0 but it always gives me the following error (I have not changed anything at all. just loaded into VS and try to compile it):

------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: GleamTech.Utility, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------
GleamTech.Utility -> D:\FileVista\4.0 orig1\FileVista\Source\FileVistaControl\Components\GleamTech.Utility\bin\Release\GleamTech.Utility.dll
------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: GleamTech.IO, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------
GleamTech.IO -> D:\FileVista\4.0 orig1\FileVista\Source\FileVistaControl\Components\GleamTech.IO\bin\Release\GleamTech.IO.dll
------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------
GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer -> D:\FileVista\4.0 orig1\FileVista\Source\FileVistaControl\Components\GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer\bin\Release\GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.dll
------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: FileVistaControl, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------
FileVistaControl -> D:\FileVista\4.0 orig1\FileVista\Source\FileVistaControl\bin\GleamTech.Web.Controls.FileVistaControl.dll
------ Erstellen gestartet: Projekt: FileVista, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1917,9): error MSB6006: "LC.exe" wurde mit dem Code -1 beendet.
------ Veröffentlichung übersprungen: Projekt FileVista, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------

========== Build: 4 erfolgreich oder aktuell, Fehler bei 1, 0 übersprungen ==========
========== Veröffentlichung: 0 erfolgreich, 0 Fehler, 1 übersprungen ==========

(Translation of important part: "LC.exe has exited with Code -1")

I've tried using Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 (which I just got yesterday). Still no change.

Anything I can do about this? I can't use it at all right now... :(

Regards,
Chris
Chris 6/28/2010 5:43 AM
Hi Chris,
Can you please follow the steps described in this topic:
Filevista 4.0 june 15th 2010 version

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 6/28/2010 6:07 AM
I did read the topic and stumbled across this:

"However, VistaDB is a 3rd party library and it requires a development license.
So you should use a SQL Server database instead of the VistaDB database as you may receive licensing errors when you run the application."

So I cannot run this without a SQL Server anymore without buying this additional software?

Very sad :(
Chris 6/28/2010 6:21 AM
Well I tried SQL Express for now but everytime I do the configuration and get to the login screen it says "invalid user or password" when I want to log in with the admin account. 

I'm 100% sure it's the correct password (just for testing I used 1234).

I really want my mdb's back...
Chris 6/28/2010 6:59 AM
Well I used the normal download files now. That works for now.
Chris 6/28/2010 7:11 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience. We needed to drop the default Microsoft Access database (MDB) in favor of VistaDB for being able to run under ASP.NET Medium-Trust and 64 bit operating systems. Actually, it seems Microsoft has finally released 64-bit drivers for Access with the release of Office 2010 but it's not included with any Windows version and we can not force users to download an additional driver package to be able to run our software. Even if 64-bit drivers were common on most machines, there is still the problem of supporting ASP.NET Medium-Trust security level. Many shared-hosting companies (eg. GoDaddy) force Medium-Trust level on their servers for security reasons and it's not possible to accomplish with an Access database.
Cem Alacayir 6/29/2010 8:32 AM
FYI, the below requirement is removed in FileVista v4.5:

"However, VistaDB is a 3rd party library and it requires a development license.
So you should use a SQL Server database instead of the VistaDB database as you may receive licensing errors when you run the application."

With this release, you can compile against VistaDB without a VistaDB developer license.
Cem Alacayir 1/13/2012 7:53 AM