These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

language file not found (404)

Hi,

I just deployed an application with the filevista control. The server is running on windows server 2008. My problem is that when i want to load the page with the control i get the message 'There was a problem retrieving the language file (not found 404)'. This application is an exact copy of another application i made earlier. This application is deployed on a windows server 2008 server and is working alright. Also the application is running fine on my production machine..

Do you have any suggestions where i could find the problem? I scanned all the topics on this forum and tried every solution on it. 

Gerard
Gerard 7/15/2010 8:22 AM
Please check if your project's web.config includes this setting between <system.web> tags:

<webServices>
          <protocols>
            <add name="HttpPost"/>
          </protocols>
        </webServices>
Cem Alacayir 7/23/2010 5:24 AM
For future reference:

This problem is related to FileUltimate versions before v2.1 and occurs due to ASP.NET configuration error.
As this is a HTTP 404 error rather than HTTP 500 error, the problem should be that ASP.NET handler mappings (asmx handler mapping in this case) is wrong. The above solution is valid when "There was a problem retrieving the language file" is a HTTP 500 error.

To fix the HTTP 404 error:

Open IIS Manager select the web site and double-click “Handler Mappings” icon on the middle pane.
Now on the right pane, click “Revert To Parent” action.
This will revert the web site’s mapping to default ASP.NET mappings and should fix the problem.
Cem Alacayir 1/19/2012 1:45 PM