These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Access to Uplaod File Before It Is Saved

I would like to intecept the upload file before it is actually saved on the server so that I can modify it.  In my current project I want to be able to upload a series of images, but I want convert them to a specified height, width, color depth and image file format (png) before saving.  Does the BeforeUploading event give me that opportunity?
Bob Moffa 7/22/2010 6:26 AM
It's not possible (not yet supported) to do these kind of image manipulations before sending the file to the server. As of v2.0, events raised by FileVistaControl are all server-side events. However you can make use of Uploaded event for this purpose. In this event files will be already uploaded and ready for processing. You can convert the received files and save them in this event handler. Please see Example project for more information on the exposed events.
Cem Alacayir 7/23/2010 5:40 AM
Thanks. I do want to do it on the server side.  I was looking a an upload only product that actually posted back to a URL on the server to save or process the file.  
Bob Moffa 7/23/2010 8:09 AM