These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Upload Module is not active! -- Problem on registered version

I'm having a problem with getting the filevista control properly registered and working. I put in the regristration key for the filevistacontrol, and it took of the "trial version" note. But it still says "Upload Module is not active!" when I try to upload the file. It works locally on my machine, but not when I move it the Windows 2008 IIS 7 Server. (Note that the Main file browsing window no longer says that its a trial on the server, it just won't recognize that I should be able to upload now.)
Greg Steele 7/31/2010 10:14 AM
This error means the upload module is not defined in web.config so it is not active.
It seems you skipped the instructions in readme.txt:

- If your project will run in IIS 7 Integrated Mode, then add these additional settings between <configuration> tags:

<system.webServer>
          <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
          <modules>
            <add name="FileVistaControl.UploadModule" type="GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer.UploadHttpModule, GleamTech.Web.FileTransfer" preCondition="managedHandler" />
          </modules>
          <security>
            <requestFiltering>
              <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2140708864"/>
            </requestFiltering>
          </security>
        </system.webServer>

Cem Alacayir 8/3/2010 1:04 PM
I'm having trouble getting a registered module to work on one specific site hosted on Alentus. They have IIS 6 and .NET 2.0. I've tried using the exact same settings as used on other sites that are working, one with IIS 6 and 2.0 and one with IIS 7. I can get it running on multiple servers and setups locally hosted but I cannot get it working on Alentus server.

"Upload module is not active!"

http://w21c-test.claritydemo.net/employeeProfile/Files/viewSharedFiles.aspx
Jebb Burditt 11/15/2011 1:29 PM
Nevermind it turns out I was updating the wrong server, sorry! Works great now.
Jebb Burditt 11/15/2011 2:19 PM
Hello, I'm testing filemanager and getting error on iis7 on upload module changes in web.config. On local vs2010 enviroment there is no problem. What can I do?
Pavle 8/24/2012 2:42 AM
After changing webconfig I'm getting 
"500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."
Pavle 8/24/2012 3:15 AM