These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Server Error

I have a windows 2003 server with .net framework 2.0 installed with 2 web sites, when i try to access any of those web sites, i reach the following error:

Server Error in 'xxxxxxxxxxx' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'system.webServer'

Source Error: 

Line 24:   </system.web>
Line 25: 
Line 26:   <system.webServer>
Line 27:     <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
Line 28:     <modules>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Oficiales\web.config    Line: 26 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2443; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2460 

Any idea?
Roberto 9/9/2010 4:29 AM
As you can see at the bottom of the error, you are still running ASP.NET 1.1:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2443; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2460 

If you are sure Framework 2.0 is installed, then it seems IIS is not configured to run this site under Framework 2.0.

By the way, you need to install Framework 2.0 SP1 as written in the requirements.
Cem Alacayir 10/6/2010 6:43 AM