These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Upload fails with error 302

We have version 2.0.0.0 running on IIS7 / Windows 2008R2 with Forms Authentication and its working pretty well.

However, we have users reporting that they are getting error 302 when uploading files. We were able to reproduce the problem but only from Macintosh computers using either Firefox or Safari. And here's the interesting part... if you try uploading the file a second time, it works. When we reproduce the problem, what we see is that the progress bar completes to 100% and then the 302 error appears.

Any ideas?

Nathan.
Nathan 9/9/2010 4:49 PM
I have done more testing and have more information regarding this problem:

- if I configure FileUltimate to use 'browser' uploads, everything works correctly
- I have this application running on two nodes behind a hardware load balancer (Cisco Content Switch) which is also providing SSL encryption
  = if I go directly to one of the two nodes, the problem is still there
  = if I bypass SSL encryption, the problem is still there
  = if I turn off one of the nodes, the problem goes away!

The servers are configured to set a cookie identifying which server they are on... this cookie is used by the load balancer to implement 'stickiness' so that a client will go back to the same server.

So it would seem to be some sort of issue with Flash on the Mac and the load balancer... maybe having to do with the cookie. I'd still appreciate any help you or anyone can suggest.
Nathan 10/4/2010 4:44 PM
Hi Nathan,
Please see this topic for more information on this issue:
Flash multi upload fails on Mac (safari & Firefox)

You said

"The servers are configured to set a cookie identifying which server they are on... this cookie is used by the load balancer to implement 'stickiness' so that a client will go back to the same server."

I recommend you to set and get this identifying data in the querystring (eg. url?serverID=xxx) instead of a cookie if it's possible. That way you can avoid Flash cookie problems.
Cem Alacayir 10/5/2010 6:28 AM
Thanks Cem,

That got us on the right track. We've switched to a different (i.e. non-cookie based) method of load balancing and that has solved it.

Nathan.
Nathan 10/13/2010 11:53 AM
FYI, please see this topic for the fix of this issue in v2.1:
Fix 1 for FileUltimate 2.1
Cem Alacayir 11/12/2010 6:40 PM