These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Running File Ultimate control from a seperate web server application

Hi,

I am running MyFiles (FileUltimate 2.0) in an application on a web server.  It is running within a Windows Server 2008 R2 environment, under IIS7 as a .Net 4.0 application.  This all runs fine.  For arguments sake, we will call this Application 1.

I have a seperate application that runs on a seperate web server (call this Application 2), that shows the My Files in application 1 within an iFrame.  In order to load My Files with the appropriate data, I post through the info required in a form.  Again, this all runs fine.

I can browse and upload files into the users shares as expected.  

The problem i am getting is, when I right click (or double click) to download a file when My Files is in an iFrame within Application 2, an exception occurs and it doesnt download the file.

Having looked in the event log I can see the following trace:

---------------------------------------------------
Event code: 3005 
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
Event time: 11/11/2010 18:07:50 
Event time (UTC): 11/11/2010 18:07:50 
Event ID: 87505f89046d44758c18ffb457a77eab 
Event sequence: 32 
Event occurrence: 1 
Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/MyFiles-1-129339712513494579 
    Trust level: Full 
    Application Virtual Path: /MyFiles 
    Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyFiles\ 
    Machine name: NASBUILD01 

Process information: 
    Process ID: 1796 
    Process name: w3wp.exe 
    Account name: DOMAIN\Username 

Exception information: 
    Exception type: HttpException 
    Exception message: Invalid Command.
   at GleamTech.FileUltimate.CommandHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information: 
    Request URL: http://10.251.1.42/MyFiles/fileultimate/expired.aspx 
    Request path: /MyFiles/fileultimate/expired.aspx 
    User host address: 10.251.1.72 
    User:  
    Is authenticated: False 
    Authentication Type:  
    Thread account name: DOMAIN\Username 

Thread information: 
    Thread ID: 9 
    Thread account name: DOMAIN\Username 
    Is impersonating: False 
    Stack trace:    at GleamTech.FileUltimate.CommandHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details: 
-------------------------------------------

To test that this is a server to server issue (i.e. when connecting from web server 1 hosting application 1 to web server 2 hosting application 2), I have run the Application Code 2 on the same server as Application 1.  Again, this all works fine but it successfully downloads as expected.  

So the problem is only when the applications are on seperate servers that there is an issue.

Has anyone see anything like this before or have any ideas of how to debug this?

Thanks in advance!!

Rob
Robert McCabe 11/11/2010 10:29 AM
Hi Robert,
First you found an issue in FileUltimate 2.1. Upon session timeout, it should not redirect to /MyFiles/fileultimate/expired.aspx but to .../expired.html (new in v2.1).

Please see this topic for the fix:
Fix 1 for FileUltimate 2.1

However your problem is not about the redirection to the wrong url in the first place. Your problem seems that the session cookie can not be accessed in the iframe across the domains (or host names). Can you confirm that every other action works (eg. folder browsing and uploading). I suspect this cookie problem is due to privacy settings of IE and should not occur in other browsers. Please see Accessing Domain Cookies within an iFrame on Internet Explorer.
Cem Alacayir 11/12/2010 6:28 PM
Hi,

I re-checked the version of the control we are using and it actually is version 2.1 but it does seem to go to Expired.aspx and not Expired.html.

I can confirm that uploading files, rename files/folders, create folder and browse files all works.  If i double click the file or right click and select download, i get the expired page popping up.  If i then continue to use MyFiles, I can still do the browsing, uploading, deleting and renaming just fine.

I tried changing the browser security settings to all of the different settings for security and still get the error.  

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Rob
Robert McCabe 11/15/2010 2:03 AM
As a note, this works in Mozilla (version 3.6.12), Safari (version 5.0.2(7533.18.5)) and Chrome (version 7.0.517.44).  I am seeing the issue with downloading in IE 8 (version 8.0.7600.16385).

When i run the two applications on the same server (in different app pools), the problem does not occur in IE 8.
Robert McCabe 11/15/2010 2:31 AM