These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Automatically access folders based on username....

Guys,

I am looking to use FileVista in this way.

I would like to have a set of folders that are based on a customer name. When a website user is viewing a client record on our corporate website I want them to be able to click a URL link and be taken to a new window and launch FileVista and automatically view the client folder without having to manually change folders. I do not want the user to have to logon to FileVista as this is an internal website and all users are already logged on to windows and should require no further authentication or authorisation. There will be no differences in permissions between client folders.

This will effectively replace the need for staff to have to use windows explorer to find our client folders in a very complex folder structure.

Can anyone give me some advice as to whether FileVista (or another product)  can achieve this?

Thanks in advance......

Chris.
Chris 11/17/2010 2:56 AM
Hi Chris,

Here are my 2 cents contribution to your question... (but I'm no expert). Having your users jump to a FileVista session on a new browser window and not logging in is no problem. FileVista allows to do a pass-through login with the use of cookies (look for pass-thru in this Forum). We've tried it and if you follow instructions it works without a problem.

My only doubt is if the user can be directed directly to a folder. This would be very simple if he only had access to one folder of course... but I'm guessing your users would have access to many customer folders.
Esteban 11/19/2010 2:40 AM