These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

FileVista 4.1 Progress Bar Upload

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is mistake or not. When Im trying to upload file into FileVista, the progres bar rise in a second and doesn't matter how big the file is. For example when Im uploading 50 MB file, progress bar is on 100% in 1,5 sec and it shows transfer speed 41 MB per sec (my ussual speed is 400 kb per sec). Then I have to wait till uploading screen shows buttons "new upload" and "close" and that make me sure that upload was complete. Ive tested on IE, Chrome and Firefox and none of them work. Its still uploading "silently" without progress

Thank you for advice
Karel Honsa 1/4/2011 9:36 AM
Which upload method are you using?

Also might there be a proxy involved?
Chris 1/6/2011 3:15 PM
Thank you I think i found problem at our proxy server.
Karel Honsa 1/11/2011 7:18 AM
Hi - I've got a similar situation here where in our web application, for larger files a "no progress available" message displays just above where the progress bar would be.  When the file is uploaded the progress bar then instantly jumps to 100%, so it's not actually progressing during file upload.  Is this a server setting issue?
Mark 2/3/2011 7:15 PM
With Browser upload method, "no progress available" message will be displayed as it's not possible to display realtime progree info in this mode. You should use Flash upload method but even if this method is selected, it will be degraded to Ajax or Browser methods (whichever available) if user's browser does not have Adobe Flash plugin.
Cem Alacayir 8/4/2011 12:25 PM