These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

How to prevent inheriting rights

Hello,

We want to use your system to give access to “project users” on our internal servers, so I created a root folder mapped to a specific folder on my server.

When an internal network users creates a new subfolder behind the root folder not using Filevista but the normal file explorer, the users inherits by default the rights of the FileVista root folder. I think in my case it is better that it does not inherits rights from the root by default, because some folders behind the root folder are for internal purpose only.

I hope you understand what I mean because sometimes we create subfolders on our servers which we just don’t want to be seen by anyone except our internal network users.
Clemens 2/25/2011 5:45 AM
No luck there... look at http://www.gleamtech.com/support/forums/2477/how-to-set-rights-on-individual-folders. 

Rights can only be set on root folders and by design are inherited by subfolders.
Esteban 2/25/2011 5:53 AM
I know setting up permissions can be a hassle due to complexity. Hopefully we will improve this and make it easier.
Cem Alacayir 8/4/2011 12:53 PM