These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

"Direct link with this name already exists"

Hi Cem,

Just checking out the Directlink feature and looking at upgrading shortly.

I noticed after setting up our test environment with Filevista that if I upload a file, Direct link it, then delete the file, then upload the same file and attempt to direct link the file it complains that the direct link already exists.

I know this is a not normal circumstance, but what I would like to know is how do we remove/delete exisitng direct links if we haven't previously put an expiry on it. I can't find in the application where there is a listing of Directlinks, does this exist? 

Cheers,

Damon
Damon 2/28/2011 10:52 PM
Doesnt Exists at present, you would need to modify the table in SQL server or whatever DB you are using.

I know this feature has been asked for and Cem said they are looking at inclding a link manager at some point.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Atkinson 3/1/2011 2:23 PM
thanks Rob.
Damon 3/1/2011 2:54 PM
One thing you can do is call the page editdirectlink.aspx but you will need to know a few parameters first. heres an example..

http://www.yoururl.com/editdirectlink.aspx?rootFolderID=0&relativePath=PATHTOFILE&fileName=YOURFILENAME.EXTENSION

replace PATHTOFILE with your folderpath you dont need the drive letter e.g C:\files would simply be files

Rob Atkinson 3/1/2011 3:36 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tip!
Damon 3/1/2011 3:49 PM