These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Filevista Security and AD

I have a 5-user license.  I'm not sure everyone integrates Filevista with Active Directory, so I'll explain my setup.  We have one directory on a file server that Filevista utilizes as the root folder.  We create sudirectories within there as needed.  Until now, we have not needed to setup different levels of security/permissions on the various subdirectories for different users.  I have been unable to prevent a newly-created user from accessing subdirectories in which they have full "deny" permissions setup.  Can you please explain in detail how permissions and security need to be setup for users of Filevista within Active Directory and subsequently in Filevista administration itself?  Right now I have a 'Filevista Users' Group setup in AD and add users to it as needed.  I went into all subdirectories on the server, except the one for which the User needed access, and applied Full Deny permissions.  I then applied permissions similarly within Filevista Administration.  didn't work.  Conversely I tried mirroring this user's setup/permissions with an existing user's, and using ONLY the Filevista administration program to apply grant/deny privileges.  didn't work

I've tried a lot of other different scenarios, all lead to one of two outcomes.  1) complete denial to all subdirectories and the root folder or 2) Full access

thanks
Cullen Branson 4/13/2011 9:06 AM
This was discussed in detail on this topic:
Active Directory Authentication
Cem Alacayir 8/4/2011 1:17 PM