These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

FileVista SQL Server Install Error

Ever DB test after 1. Open connection: OK, error with "Invalid object name 'Configuaration'."

Anyone know what the problem could be?  Help is much appreciated!
Andy 7/12/2011 10:29 PM
It seems it can't find the required tables.

Did you create the database using the provided sql statement in ~\app_data\database\CreateSqlServerDB.sql ?
If not, just run the script in your SQL Server and try again.

Chris
Chris 7/15/2011 12:18 AM
Chris,

My SQL Server is hosted at my hosting company, I don't think I can execute that script... any other ideas, but that is definitely the problem.  Thanks for the clarification.
Andy 7/15/2011 10:38 AM
Hi,

well you will need to create the database somehow. If you can't run the script diretly through the server (isn't there like a webinterface or something for that?) ou can try including it in a website and execute it from there - after all they are just SQL statements. Although I have not that much coding experience and would have to teach myself how to do that as well, I'm pretty confident that this should work.

But I still think there must be some way to work on the server itself... Maybe call your hosting company and ask them how to do this? I doubt that there is no way.

Chris
Chris 7/18/2011 12:10 AM
I had a brain lapse there, I connected to the DB from VS2010 and then deployed the SQL script from there. Sorry for wasting your time and appreciate the help!
Andy 7/18/2011 5:32 AM