These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

FileUltimate 3.0 RC1 is released

We have just released FileUltimate 3.0 RC1. In this release, there are a lot of new features but the main focus is on building a structured and flexible foundation to provide a proper API for developers and to be able to add new features easily in future versions.

Version 3.0 RC1 includes the following improvements and features:

- Almost rewritten both client-side and serder-side code for maximum performance, stability and flexibility.
Client-side code is now organized with namespaces like GleamTech.JavaScript.UI and classes. This organized structure will provide a proper client API and allow new features to be added more easily.
Changed server-side namespace to GleamTech.Web.UI.

- FileUltimate is now the general product name of the "ASP.NET File Handling Controls" library. The main control is renamed from FileUltimateControl to FileManager.
Other standalone controls (eg. FileUploader) may be added to FileUltimate in future versions.

- Completely new UI with Windows 7 look and feel. All UI images are updated.
All file type icons are updated and lots of new ones are added.

- Almost rewritten and modularized upload feature. UI of upload dialog is vastly improved.
Even with browser upload method, detailed progress information will be shown. It’s possible to change upload method via context menu.

- Improved: Dropped support for IE 6. Minimum required version for Internet Explorer is now 7. Optimized for new generation of browsers like IE 9, Firefox 5, Chrome 12 and Safari 5.

- Improved: "Download As Zip" action now directly streams the zip file that is being generated to the client. 
So the user will not have to wait for the whole compressing to complete before downloading. The user will see browser's "Open / Save As" dialog immediately and receive the file on the fly as it is being generated.

- Added: Multiple instances of the control on the same page is now possible.

- Added: ShowOnLoad property to control visibility of the control on load.

- Added: ModalDialog and ModalDialogTitle properties for displaying the control within a modal dialog.

- Added: ClientLoaded property to specify the client-side event which is raised on load.

- Added: SortRootFolders property to control sorting order of root folders.

- Changed: Dropped Style property and added Width and Height properties to specify the dimensions of the control.

- Changed: Dropped FullScreen and added FullViewport property for fitting the browser's viewport.

Please download version 3.0 RC1 from this link:
FileUltimate v3.0 RC1

Please see the updated online examples for 3.0 RC1 here:
FileUltimate Online Examples

Please send us feedback related to RC1 within this forum topic.
Cem Alacayir 8/1/2011 8:24 AM
I have already purchased 2.1.  If this upgrade is going to cost me much over what I have already paid I am looking elsewhere for a solution.
Bob Moffa 8/1/2011 2:00 PM