These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Flash Upload error (v3)

Hi,

I get the following error when running v3 FileManager on a Win 98 server on IIS7:

Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference
     at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )
     at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0)
     at GleamTech.Web.UI.FileManagerActionHandler.UploadModuleFailed(Object sender, UploadFailedEventArgs e) in GleamTech.FileUltimate\FileManagerActionHandler.cs:line 902
     at GleamTech.Web.UploadModule.RaiseEvent[TEventArgs](EventHandler`1 eventHandler, TEventArgs eventArgs) in GleamTech.Web\UploadModule.cs:line 340
     at GleamTech.Web.UploadModule.HandleUpload(HttpContext context) in GleamTech.Web\UploadModule.cs:line 170
     at GleamTech.Web.UploadModule.OnPreRequestHandlerExecute(Object sender, EventArgs e) in GleamTech.Web\UploadModule.cs:line 95
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
     at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

It works locally and it works on the server using Browser UploadMethod.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Barry
Barry 8/25/2011 12:14 PM
Hi Barry,
Did you attach an event handler to Failed event or assigned null value because it seems failed event can not be raised.
Cem Alacayir 10/12/2011 2:21 PM
Thank you, that was the problem (a null reference in the Failed Event handler where it was passing a null value for FileManagerFailedEventArgs - I think on successful uploads).
Barry 10/27/2011 9:35 AM
I recommend you to attach to Failed event so that you can examine the initial exception with FileManagerFailedEventArgs.Exception property. This way you can find out the actual upload error.
Cem Alacayir 11/9/2011 10:41 AM