These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Moving FileVista Server to New Domain

Good afternoon,

We're in the process of performing a migration/consolidation of our Active Directories and one of the source domains (domain to be migrated) contains a server running FileVista.

Unfortunately I know no of the technicals about how FileVista works and although it sounds straight forward I have to admit I am just a little nervous about the migration of the server. Can any of you folks take the time to drop a few gotcha's, notes on migration to new Windows Active Directory domains, and/or links covering this subject.

Thanks in advance
Darren
Darren Reevell 9/2/2011 7:41 AM
Assuming the root folder paths defined in FileVista does not change, there should be no problem. You should just copy the whole FileVista folder on the new server and set it as an application in IIS Manager. If the root folder paths change, then you need to edit FileVista database for manually editing the paths. You should also make sure the correct ASP.NET version is installed and configured for FileVista's application pool (ASP.NET 4.0 for FileVista 4.1 and ASP.NET 2.0 SP1 for earlier versions). Regarding Windows permissions, FileVista's application pool identity (generally Network Service) should have Modify permissions on FileVista\App_Data folder.
Cem Alacayir 10/12/2011 1:58 PM