These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Renaming Uploaded File?

Hi,

I would like to be able to rename the uploaded file in some cases; as part of the upload.  Ideally I would be able to set the new filename in fileManager.Uploading.  Is that possible?

When I try and do this in fileManager.Uploaded I get a permissions error because the file is still locked by the uploading code.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry 10/27/2011 10:47 AM
Renaming should be possible in Uploaded event rather than Uploading event but you are right there seems to be a bug in Uploaded event, the file should not be locked. We will fix this and let you know shortly.
Cem Alacayir 10/27/2011 1:26 PM
Thanks Cem, that would be great.

On a similar note: In FileUltimateControl_Creating when I call e.Cancel("message") it throws an exception, which shows a confusing message to the user.  Is there a way for the user to just see the "message" text - rather than the exception text?

Thanks,
Barry
Barry 10/30/2011 9:34 AM
Hi Barry,
Uploaded event bug is fixed, please download the updated FileUltimate v3.0.2 package (DLL version is v3.0.2.1) from our site.

e.Cancel("message") would display an exception text only when FileUltimate is compiled in debug mode. I assume you are using the release version so this should not effect you. I suspect in your case you are throwing an exception in Failed event because canceling an event will also trigger Failed event.

Let me know.
Cem Alacayir 11/1/2011 9:34 AM
Thanks Cem.  

The works perfectly locally; but I am now having issue with null exception on server (http://www.gleamtech.com/support/forums/4340/flash-upload-error-v3).  This happens even when I have no events subscribed. 

I'll post another message here if I find the problem or need more help!
Barry 11/8/2011 9:32 AM