These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Upload More Than 5 Files At A Time

It seems the upload files only allows 5 files at a time.  Is this something that can be adjusted?
Fotios Magoufis 2/8/2012 12:49 PM
There is no limit on the number of files. Only problem can be the size of files, there is a limit of 2GB per file.
Which upload method are you using? Note that only with Flash upload method, you can select multiple files at once in the browser's "Open/Select File" dialog. With other upload methods, you can still add multiple files but you need to click "Add" for each file.
Cem Alacayir 2/8/2012 1:06 PM
our defaut upload is ajax and the file sizes are 2-3 MB each.
Fotios Magoufis 2/8/2012 1:20 PM
Are you using v4.1 or the latest version 4.5?

Can you be more specific? Do you get any errors when you add more files or does the upload dialog not allow you to add more than 5 files to the list?
Cem Alacayir 2/8/2012 1:36 PM
we are using the 4.5 version and the upload dialog box will not allow us to add more files after 5 have been placed in queue.
Fotios Magoufis 2/8/2012 5:17 PM
This is strange. Is it possible that the 6th file you add, is a zero-length or an inaccessible (due to permissions) file? Are there any strange characters in the file name? Have you tried to add a different set of files?

It may also be a browser related issue. Which browser (and version) are you using? Please check with a different browser. Finally test with our live demo using the same browser.
Cem Alacayir 2/8/2012 5:51 PM
All 6 files open fine, they are jpg files.  No strange characters.  I've tried different files every single time.

I was able to reproduce the error with IE9 using Ajax as the upload method.

Chrome did not have any issues.

Firefox 8.x,9.x,10.x did not have any issues.

I was not able to reproduce the error with the demo system but that is using flash as the upload method.  I will change my server to flash and see if it continues to have the problem.
Fotios Magoufis 2/8/2012 5:58 PM
I was able to continue past 5 files by changing my upload method to flash instead of ajax.

To clarify, when I click add to select a 6th file, the add button does not open a new window to select a file to add.
Fotios Magoufis 2/8/2012 6:00 PM
Note that with v4.5 you can change the upload method on the fly by right clicking the grid area on the upload dialog. If the menu item is disabled, you should clear the queue first. This way, you can test Ajax method on our live demo too.

I couldn't reproduce the issue with IE9 and Ajax upload method on the live demo.
Cem Alacayir 2/8/2012 6:21 PM
I modified our default upload process to Flash and it seems to be ok.

Do you want me to provide you credentials to my install for you to see the issue?
Fotios Magoufis 2/8/2012 6:28 PM