These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Emails not sent

Wondering when this fix will be available ? in 4.5 the test email funtion sent just fine ... but the actual notifications emails (upload, download, etc...) wont get generated.. nor sent 
Thanks 
Andreas 2/20/2012 1:13 PM
There is no known problem with email notifications.

First make sure, you enabled “Send Email Notifications” on the Application Settings dialog (above SMTP settings).

Then please check how you set notifications in the root folder properties page for a user (near Permissions tab there is Notifications tab):
- For instance if you check Upload checkbox for a user then that user will be notified when someone uploads a file to that folder.
- Note that a user will be not be notified of his own events as it’s unnecessary. When testing, you should use 2 different accounts.
- Notifications works like permissions so disabled notifications take precedence just like deny permissions. Make sure user's groups do not have a denied notification.
Cem Alacayir 2/20/2012 1:25 PM
Thank you ... I did that ... logged in as a seperate account... just to create/trigger the notifications set for the admin. But nothing goes...  the only time the email get sent is when i use the test emeil settings... in the setup email notifications page. 
I also checked my spam / junk folder nothing...  i also setup the mail for the user admin.. ofcourse... nothing
Andreas 2/20/2012 1:49 PM
YES you where right .. it was my fault... I am sure... i use the latest 4.5.9 and The Email function works like a charm... thanks
Andreas 2/20/2012 7:30 PM