These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Full CSS control

Hi Cem!

I'm interested in buying FileVista to use as an upload interface for our clients.
I have downloaded and installed the demo version but I'm not able to find the default css to style specific items?

Is this CSS not included in the demo version? Is it possible to customize the full version?

This is of great importance for us (branding etc.) so we can not purchase FileVista before we know if this is possible.
Seems like a great product anyhow :)

Best regards
Mikael Lavrell
Mikael Lavrell 3/5/2012 5:54 AM
Hi Mikael,
All resources like CSS files are embedded into FileVista DLL for versioning reasons.
However, FileVista allows you to override default resources by simply putting your custom files in a specific location.
Please download WebDeploy package which includes the original resources that you can modify:

- "Resources" folder contains the copies of resource files such as the language files and the css files which are already 
embedded into GleamTech.FileVista.dll. You can use these copies to create your custom version of a language file or a css file.

To override an existing embedded language file or to add a newly translated language file, put the modified file or the newly translated file in the corresponding subfolder under "FileVista\App_GlobalResources" such as "FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileUltimateResourceStore\Languages" and 
"FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileVistaResourceStore\Languages".

To override an existing embedded css file, put the modified css file in the respective subfolder under "FileVista\App_GlobalResources" such as "FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileUltimateResourceStore\Css" and "FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileVistaResourceStore\Css".

New or modified files under App_GlobalResources folder should trigger restarting of the ASP.NET application.
So, FileVista should automatically recognize the changes to the resource files under this folder.
If FileVista does not recognize the changes then you can touch (simply open & save) your FileVista\Web.config file to force FileVista to see the changes.
Cem Alacayir 3/5/2012 6:00 AM