These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Customize login page

Hi, I'm not sure this is available in the latest version but I could change the "welcome to.." part and the logo on the old version of FileVista. I'm now running 4.5.9 (the latest as at 9th April 2012) for a new customer but I can't find any way to do it on this version.
I can change the web title page but thats all.....anyone able to help? Is it now hardcoded in the .dll file? There are no language files etc. now to modify.
MikeDavidM 4/9/2012 8:55 AM
I've managed to dig out the details - actually fiarly straigh forward once you get going. The details are in the readme.txt in the "Resources" folder once you unzip the package. See below.

- "Resources" folder contains the copies of resource files such as the language files and the css files which are already 
embedded into GleamTech.FileVista.dll. You can use these copies to create your custom version of a language file or a css file.
To override an existing embedded language file or to add a newly translated language file, put the modified file or the newly translated file 
in the corresponding subfolder under "FileVista\App_GlobalResources" such as "FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileUltimateResourceStore\Languages" and 
"FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileVistaResourceStore\Languages".
To override an existing embedded css file, put the modified css file in the respective subfolder under "FileVista\App_GlobalResources" such as 
"FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileUltimateResourceStore\Css" and "FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileVistaResourceStore\Css".
New or modified files under App_GlobalResources folder should trigger restarting of the ASP.NET application.
So, FileVista should automatically recognize the changes to the resource files under this folder.
If FileVista does not recognize the changes then you can touch (simply open & save) your FileVista\Web.config file to force FileVista to see the changes.
MikeDavidM 4/9/2012 9:31 AM