These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

hide and show files

I want at runtime show files and hide (or remove from collection but not from disk) others.
Ex.  Programatacally decide hide thumbs.db 
It is possible?
I was trying catch listing event but i dont find a collection to manage or cancel de populate of each file separate.
Froilan666 4/18/2012 7:54 AM
There is the AllowedFileTypes property of FileManagerRootFolder class.
You can set this property to something like “thumbs.db; somefile.txt;”
This way you can filter the files you want.

•    AllowedFileTypes property accepts a semi-colon separated list of file extensions (eg. *.doc; *.xls; *.jpg, *.pdf) that are allowed in the root folder. This property restricts all file actions (List, Delete, Rename, Copy, Move, Extract, Compress and Download) along with Upload action. This means only allowed file types will be visible and manageable in the file list. If omitted, any file type (ie. *) is allowed. Note that you can also define the allowed file names and not the extensions only. For instance, you can use * in any part of the filename such as picture*.jpg which matches "picture34.jpg" or "picture 112.jpg" or use it in the extension such as *.jp* which matches "file.jpg", "file.jpe" or "file.jpeg".
Cem Alacayir 4/18/2012 8:19 AM
Sorry, this property will not work for you as you need to disallow those files.

However there is another property ShowHiddenFilesAndFolders , if you set it to false the hidden files will not be displayed.
You can set "Hidden" attribute of the files you want to filter in Windows Explorer.
Cem Alacayir 4/18/2012 8:30 AM
Thanks, ill try redistribute all files in folders, creating one folder for each group of files that i want save together.
Froilan666 4/18/2012 8:43 AM