These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

List Root Folder Contents

Hi All,

We are evaluating this product. We experience the following problem. We have several users with from different departments. Lets say sales and research. We have a corresponding folder structure in our root folder. We have given users from the sales and research departments ONLY the traverse folder right on the root folder. Each user has full access on their own department folder. 

We expect the settings to have the following effect:
- A user should only see his own departmental folder in the root folder.
- This should be true for the navigation pane an the folder contents pane.

This is not the case. The user can see all folders in the entire folder structure.

We then also added the user from sales to the research department folder, but did not give him any rights.

Now the user can only see his own department folder in the navigation pane. But in the folder contents pane he can still see the other departments folders. He cannot however navigate through these folders. So in this scenario, the behaviour of the navigation pane and the folder contents pane is different, as the content is different.

With regards,

Gijs
Gijs 5/4/2012 8:43 AM
Yes, this behaviour is correct, we need to improve permission logic for more flexibility. We will work on this issue.
By the way, you can also make use of dynamic root folder feature.
You can create a root folder with name "{user.Name}'s Folder" and with path "c:\users\{user.Name}". {user.Name} is a placeholder which will be replaced with the user's name. This way you can limit each user to their home folders. Let me know if this works for your case.
Cem Alacayir 5/4/2012 1:38 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply. It is not quite the behaviour I would expect from only a traverse folder right. It is not a huge problem though.
I had seen the "{user.Name}" option. This would however not comply with our requirements.

Gijs 5/7/2012 12:22 AM