These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Need help with

Multi users have reported that they can not access their FTP files. They are greeted with the login screen for filevista. They log in and they receive an error. 

How ever when I access the server that is running IIS and filevista I get a different error. 

I noticed that the error is failed to map the path ‘/MCE- OR RENOVATION ND FLR FOR EQUIP’
I checked and one of the users was trying to add that path and did not put a / before the path. It is my thought that this could be the error but I can not access anything thing filevista to confirm this. can anyone help?

thanks

Chris 1/8/2013 5:52 AM
I already replied to your email about this issue, I guess you couldn't receive it:

Can you access the administration page of FileVista with admin credentials?

It seems a root folder pointing to a non-existing path is created.
You should remove that root folder and fix the path.

If you forgot your login information, you can use the recovery mode:

Edit FileVista\App_Data\filevista.config and set value of RecoveryMode setting to 1 and save the file.
Then go to the login page enter username (eg. admin) and leave password empty. FileVista will let you in and then prompt you to enter a new password.

Cem Alacayir 1/8/2013 11:46 AM