These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Listing huge amount of files

Hi,
First of all nice application and am interested to buy this app. Here my question is is FileUltimate can handle huge amount of Files.
Because i have 33k images in my folders. I want to do manipulations like update or delete those images whenever they need. And i tried lots of other apps which took lot of time to load. Here loading the images only the problem. if it takes time to display images, then atleast i need the images in the form of List. Appreciate the help on this.

Kind Regards,
Naag
Naag 1/10/2013 2:42 AM
Hi Naag,
Thanks for your interest in our product. Note that FileUltimate is a developer control, if you need built-in login and administration features, you should consider FileVista. Both should handle huge amount of files because performance is our first priority. However I would recommend you to download and test on your own environment.
Cem Alacayir 1/10/2013 3:00 AM
Hi Cem,

Thanks for your quick response on this. I need the ultimate only because am a developer. And just observed that the FileUltimate not able to handle load 17k images. its showing error like 

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://localhost:*****/sampleapps/fileultimate/resource.ashx?634933984756888940/fileultimateresourcestore/combined.js:1

Kind Regards,
Naag
Naag 1/10/2013 3:18 AM
I guess you are testing with IE. Can you test also with Chrome? It should be be faster as it's JS engine is very fast.
Cem Alacayir 1/10/2013 4:51 AM
i did it on Firefox..same happening on Chrome also......
Naag 1/10/2013 5:04 AM
Is it possible for you to split images in multiple subfolders as more than 10k in one folder would be slow to manage anyway.
Note that in future version we will use a buffered scrolling so the number of files will not effect the rendering performance.
Cem Alacayir 1/23/2013 6:42 AM