These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Fix: Blank login page when French language is selected

In v5.0 (and v5.0.1), there is an error in French language file (fr.xml) which causes blank login page when this language is selected.

Please download the fixed french language file and put this file to FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileVistaResourceStore\Languages folder. This will override the bundled French language file with the fixed one.

In the next minor release, this fixed language file will be automatically included.
Cem Alacayir 2/13/2013 1:34 AM
The bundled French language file is fixed in v5.0.5 release so the override file at FileVista\App_GlobalResources\FileVistaResourceStore\Languages can be deleted (if not using a customized file) so that future updates to the bundled file are recognized, please see:
Fix 2 for FileVista v5.0 (v5.0.5)
Cem Alacayir 3/14/2013 12:13 PM
I have updated my installation to 5.0.5 from the source code package you send me and still get a blank page, when selecting French. I deleted the fr.xml in the language folder so it should use the standard one. Doesn't actually matter if it is there or not. All other languages work fine.

Am I missing somthing?

Regards,
Chris
Chris 3/22/2013 4:47 AM
I am sorry, I made a typo and sent you the download link of v5.0 instead of v5.0.5. I have sent you an email with the correct link.
Cem Alacayir 3/22/2013 7:10 AM
That seemed to fix it. Thank you!
Chris 3/22/2013 8:18 AM