These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Configuration Error When I doesnot installed filevista into sub folder

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'system.webServer'

Source Error: 

Line 5:    <appSettings configSource="App_Data\FileVista.config" />
Line 6:  
Line 7:    <system.webServer>
Line 8:      <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
Line 9:      <handlers>

Source File: C:\MyWeb\web.config    Line: 7 

------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to run filevista directly so I installed it on win2k3 in default web folder. If I installed it into sub directory every things seems to be OK but if I installed it direct on defualt web folder it gives this error......

basically I want to reduce the web address say http://www.myweb/ not http://www.myweb/filevista/

Thanks for advance 
Muhammad Tasneem 2/22/2013 3:47 AM
This error occurs probably because ASP.NET version for the root web site is not set to 4.0. In IIS manager, open properties of that web site and go to the ASP.NET tab and set the ASP.NET version to 4.0.

Note that, if you installed to the root web site with the installer, this would have been automatically done. You installed to FileVista subfolder (default) so settings of the parent web site is not changed.
Cem Alacayir 2/22/2013 5:42 AM
Thanks for your quick reply. I have done it as you say and it works. Thanks

One question more If I put it in sub folder which file I targeted? (I believe its login.aspx!!!!! but not sure)  

Muhammad Tasneem 2/25/2013 4:37 AM
Yes, you can link to login.aspx.

Also, you can link to the subfolder directly like www.mywebsite.com/filevista.
However, in IIS 6 you should make sure default.aspx is added to the default content pages. This is done on Documents tab when you open properties of that subfolder. This setting is also done automatically when you use the installer.
Cem Alacayir 2/25/2013 5:16 AM