These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Consultant

Is it possible to integrate a Rich Text editor such as HtmlArea?  

Most of them are added just after the <textbox>...</textbox> in the <form> code along with some code in the <head>.  I tried it with the free version without any luck...  probably because of my own inexperience!

I have users that want to update their own content, but they have ZERO html skill!
James Milstid 11/30/2002 11:57 PM
I haven't tried HtmlArea but there is no reason for it not to work with either WebExplorer Free or WebExplorer Pro as it's plain javascript. I may help you better if you explain the problem.
Cem Alacayir 12/2/2002 12:49 PM
Thank you for the quick reply!

I'll try it again now that I've had some rest!  I was working on it at 2:00am...

Essentially everything was still functional, but the editor just came up as a regular textbox.  I've used HtmlArea in other applications, so I know it'll work!

I'll let you know how it goes...
James Milstid 12/2/2002 1:29 PM
OK... I'm a bozo!

Amazing how things work sooooo much better when you're rested!

HtmlArea works great in WebExplorer.  My mistake was that the WebExplorer textarea's name was "content" and HtmlArea was trying to open an area called "box1".  I changed the HtmlArea to match and... VIOLA!!!  We have an integrated RichText editor!

Works like a champ!  Thanks!  
James Milstid 12/2/2002 11:22 PM
Hi James,

any chance you could drop me the url and code you used to add the html editor ? I have been working on one here which uses iFrames and cant get it to fire. I put it down to my lack of knowledge rather than anything else.

Thanks

David
david bilbow 1/21/2003 10:09 PM
I am unable to locate a copy of HtmlArea as it has been discontinued. If anyone has a copy and is willing to send it to me, I would be very grateful. 

Warm Regards,
Joe
http://www.CharitiesOnline.co.uk
info@charitiesonline.co.uk
CharitiesOnline 5/5/2005 5:25 AM
I have decided to integrate HTMLArea v3.0-RC1 into WebExplorer Pro with version 2.4.0. You will all receive this new version soon.
Cem Alacayir 5/9/2005 11:17 PM