These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

gif, jpg uploading problem...

I'm perplexed!  

I can successfully upload .txt, .html, .asp, and .wav files, but am having problems with .gif and .jpg files!  I get the message, 
"image.jpg can not be written" in the popup window.

When I refresh the main Wex window, the file image.jpg shows up in the directory, but I'm not able to view it.  I downloaded the 16KB "image" via ftp to my local PC and tried viewing it with Paint Shop Pro... and it tells me it's not a valid jpeg image.  Something is getting written, but it's corrupted!

Do I have to install wex in a directory off the root?  I have it two directories down and edited the .asp file to match.  Again, I can upload .txt, .html, etc. with no problems.

I have ASPUpload available if that would help.

James Milstid 12/3/2002 12:45 AM
This is a known problem. I found out that this problem arises on the servers with default codepage set as other than ANSI. FSO writes corrupted binary files with different codepages. I have fixed this problem and vastly improved upload feature with version 2.0 which I am about to release.
Cem Alacayir 12/6/2002 7:33 PM