These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Can't Edit/Create/Delete anything

I can not modify and/or do not want to modify the folder access so that anonymous can edit/delete etc.,

I can't locate where in the code I need to set it up so that I am using my FTP (NT?) login instead. Is this possible?

All of my stuff is hosted on a server someplace else and I can FTP in with a login ID and password which allows me to edit the files etc., and I'm hoping that means I can use NT auth with webex to edit files... ?  If webex can't be modified to allow me to use a different user (instead of iuser_anonymous or whatever) when I'm trying to navigate folders, etc., is there any easy way to modify this software so that instead of using file objects, it can use FTP connections instead?  This way, I could open a file, make my changes and when I apply the changes, WebEX could FTP to the server, delete the old file, send the new file.
Chad 12/11/2002 11:37 AM
You have to ask your server administrator for configuration of NT authorization, nothing has to be changed in the code. Using FTP connections with WebExplorer Free is not possible.
Cem Alacayir 12/13/2002 7:20 PM
So using FTP connections with WebExplorer PRO is possible?
Chad 12/19/2002 11:11 AM
No, it is NOT. All WebExplorer products are web-based so HTTP is used, not FTP. I couldn't understand why you need to use FTP connections via web interface while there are tons of FTP clients out there.
Cem Alacayir 12/19/2002 8:45 PM