These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

NT4 workstation with IIS

Hello , i`ve got one litle question.
I have NT 4 workstation with IIS and service pack 6
but when i open A file to dowload on a other computer, the next error occured. File transfer plugin error. Plugin cannot be initialized. please make sure that the components required by the plugin is installed on the server.
On Windows 2000 advanced server it`s working great.
But on nt4 workstation with de optionpack it`s not working. What i`am doing wrong.
thanks a lot, your script is great. please reply.

Greetings Rick.
rick 1/21/2003 3:59 AM
ps: it`s the webexplorer free version
rick 1/21/2003 4:01 AM
It`s all ready working now, but only one question, everything is working great, but there is one problem, all user rights are ok, when i`am log in i can come in all directories, so even the sub directories, even my friends, but some friends see a litle screen when clicking on a sub directory and then the script say`s only the details the size, the type, created, last accessed and last modified and under close, but no any file to see.
this people are working with windows xp and adsl. My server is working under nt4 on port 8082. 
Do you know the problem of this report.

thanks a lot.

greetings Rick....
rick 1/21/2003 6:22 PM
Hi Rick,
Your previous problem should be because of an outdated MDAC, at least version 2.5 is required to use the generic file transfer plugin included.
Regarding your second problem, are your friends sure that they are clicking on the "subfolder name" and not the "subfolder icon" because clicking that icon opens a "folder detail" popup window.
Cem Alacayir 1/21/2003 7:02 PM