These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

A newbie using XP

Ok..i'm quite new to this stuff.. i'm using XP. The two lines setup explication don't really cut it...

I copied the webexplorer folder in my web (frontpage)..

what do i do next?

sorry..I didn't see a search function in the forum... 

Thanks
neopath 2/11/2003 7:35 PM
forgot to tell ya.. I have IIS installed..my personnal website is up and running...i just don't know how to make an ASP script on my pages.. i'd like to setup webex to run on my personnal site in an IIS virtual folder

I configured config.asp... I,m stuck there
neopath 2/11/2003 7:38 PM
Actually, you have nothing to do other than uploading the distribution folder to your remote web server. I never used Frontpage but publishing asp pages shouldn't be different from publishing html pages.

If you are trying to run WebExplorer Free on your local box, open control panel->administrative tools->internet information services and add a virtual folder (alias may be wexfree and choose the distribution folder on your harddrive as the content) to Default Web Site. Then open http://localhost/wexfree with your browser.
Cem Alacayir 2/11/2003 9:24 PM

alright.. the password screen shows up.. i did that much...now when i click the login button it gives me a not authorized to view this page error...

what do i put in the Const wexRoot variable in config.asp? only "/"  ?

neopath 2/12/2003 12:49 AM
Open control panel->administrative tools->internet information services again and on the properties page of your virtual folder (wexfree) open Directory Security tab and click Edit button at the top. Here check Anonymous access and apply changes. Now you will not see the NT challenge/response dialog, instead you will see the login page of WebExplorer Free.
Yes, you can keep wexRoot constant as "/", it will point to your web site root.
Cem Alacayir 2/21/2003 8:54 PM