These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Downloader failed!

Just recently, we've started getting error's when trying to download files from WebExplorer Server. We've been using this product for over a year now without any problems. We also use the SA FileUp to handle uploads. After a file is uploaded all seems fine (plus i checked the file on the server, all good). When when we double click on files to download, the download progresses (rather quickly, thus indicating a very small file, when the target may not be). But the file conents are replaced with the two works "Downloader failed!". I've rebooted, restarted the virtuals, etc.. But nothing seems to be able to correct the problem.. I've not had this problem before, infact very few problems at all. There have been no changes to the web server in the last month.

Also, Totally different note, an Upload progress bar would be very useful!!. (But the problem above is important right now!!)
Aaron Swayn 2/17/2003 6:45 PM
Hi Aaron,
Do you experience this error when you use other upload/download plugins, for example the generic plugin wexUpload.asp? If so, I think this should be a permission problem. If the Internet Guest User (IUSR_Machinename) has not NTFS Read permission on the regarding folder then download would fail.
Cem Alacayir 2/18/2003 4:14 PM
Excellent. That fixed the problem. Looks like the SA-FileUp component has a problem. Although this is a little weird on the download side. I use the uploading part of the component on some other microsites on the same server and it uploads fine, same as with WexServer. But I didn't realise that WexServer uses the same component to handle the downloads also. But i do now..

Thanx..
Aaron Swayn 2/18/2003 5:37 PM
So does the download error occur only with SA-FileUp plugin? This is strange because I had tested downloading with SA-FileUp plugin before and it was ok. What's the version of SA-FileUp component installed and WebExplorer Server you are using now?
Cem Alacayir 2/18/2003 5:51 PM
I was using the SA-FileUp plugin before and have been using it for almost as long as we've had WexServer. But all of a sudden its stopped working. Not sure why yet. When i have some downtime, im going to reinstall it. The version we have is v3.3.2
Aaron Swayn 2/18/2003 6:35 PM
The same download failed! error message displaying , which folder i need to give permission? 
Bob 3/24/2010 1:37 AM