These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Authenticate with Active directory

First of all I love this app...  I've read all the posts on how to login as an nt user.  But I am not clear on how to do this.  I read that i'm suppose to put "Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") " in my config file?  but what do i put under wexPassword? This would be greatly appreciated!  Thank You

p.s  win 2k server / active directory
Jeff 2/26/2003 3:52 AM
Hi Jeff,
You can't use Active directory features but you can just login as a NT user. You should first set wexPassword to "" so that internal login screen is disabled. Then on the Internet Information Services snap-in, open the properties dialog of WebExplorer Free's folder (wexfree etc.). On the Directory Security tab, click the first Edit button and uncheck Anonymous Access box. Apply the changes and now you will see NT response/challenge box instead whenever you try to run WebExplorer Free. If you want to make a real use of this, like using NT username for building a custom root folder dynamically, see previous threads.
Cem Alacayir 2/26/2003 6:54 PM
WOW... that was easy, why didnt I think of that.  I had my mind set to allow users to login thru an asp page.. setting permissions was much easier.. just more time consuming.. Thanks.. Love It..  now.. if i only had $300 for the webexplorer server edition ;)
Jeff 2/26/2003 8:17 PM