These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Changing Click on File function

Is there anyway to make system work so that when you click on the file name it tries to open first rather than download. For example if I had some HTM files i would for it to browse and display rather than download
Rolf Heelas 2/27/2003 1:48 PM
I changed the responding behaviour of clicking on the file name to downloading it with the latest version because most of the users wanted that way. Doesn't the Browse buttons on the right for each item work for you?
Cem Alacayir 3/3/2003 7:11 PM
Granted the way that application is suppose to work the browse button is better.

However the way I would like to use is different to most users, I have removed all the delete rename, add, upload options, its total use is to allow users to view
through folders and download zip / exe files, and read PDF and text files. All this can be done via the browse button, but for the people it is inteneded for just clicking on the file name and PDF opening up is easier
Rolf Heelas 3/4/2003 9:59 AM
Ok, open wexGeneric.asp, change line 72 which is:
Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition","attachment;filename="  & fileName
to this line:
Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition","inline;filename="  & fileName
Now, the browser will try to open the file instead of downloading.
Cem Alacayir 3/5/2003 6:20 PM