These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Status Bar

When uploading large files (2MB-25MB), the status bar goes all the way to the end long before the file is actually uploaded! This makes it very unclear as to whether it is still uploading or if the system is stuck.

Using:
MS Windows 2003 Server
MS IIS 6.0
WebExplorer Server v2.8.7
ASPUpload 3.0

Any suggestions?
Blue 10/9/2003 3:18 PM
Hi,
IE's status bar doesn't indicate the correct progress for most of the time. The solution is to use a custom progress bar. I am working on this feature.

As you are using AspUpload, you also have the chance to use AspUpload's built-in progress indicator but this is not supported by WebExplorer Server for now. Not all of the other supported upload plugins support progress indicator, thus it can't be supported by WebExplorer Server.

This feature of AspUpload can be enabled by adding extra code though.
Cem Alacayir 10/13/2003 7:46 PM
Greetings Cem

My client is greatly wanting to implement the SaFileUp progress bar for uploads.  I just found this previous post.  Any 'progress' ?  ;)

If I were to implement this myself, can you at least point me to where I would insert the code?  

Thanks

Phil
phil 3/9/2005 6:35 PM
You should examine "upload.asp" and "plugins\uploaders\SA-FileUp.asp" files for this.  Please see Sa-FileUp's documentation for details.
Cem Alacayir 5/5/2005 5:38 PM
I also have a client looking for a progress bar during file uploads...  In the past I have successfully implemented one that pops up on a popup window and basically refreshes reading session variables containing progress that SA-FileUp updates as it uploads.  This is how the SA-FileUp does it.  When a session variable finally indicates END of transfer to the popup, then the popup closes.  Does this sound like this could be integrated into your coding easily enough or has this already been done?

Thanks.
Scott Lovy 3/3/2006 7:25 AM
I was able to successfully implement a freeware upload component with progress bar...  FathUpload.. check it out...  only problem (and I am about to make a new thread about this) is that I can not seem in any component to have the Quota at the top of the screen refresh properly after file upload.  The '75.87 MB of 100.00 MB is used' does not update after upload...

Any ideas?
phil 3/3/2006 2:35 PM
Scott,
Sure it can be implemented but our new application FileVista is released which has a very detailed progress bar. It also includes its own high-performance upload component so no 3rd party components will be needed anymore.

FileVista will soon include the user and permission logic of WebExplorer Server so I recommend you all to upgrade to FileVista when the features are ready.
Cem Alacayir 3/7/2006 6:14 AM
The users and permissions are critical to the way we resell your application to our clients.  We'll have to wait for this new feature.  

The other feature that we have had several requests now is to somehow tie the WexServer into some type of FTP server. Shared user accounts between two services... to allow users to access the files and directories they have permission for (setup in WexServer) through FTP as well.  Syncing up WexExplorer with an FTP service is the tricky part though.  Any other requests on this one? - I  know this his a huge request... just replicating what the users are asking for.  Thanks!
Scott 3/7/2006 8:10 AM