These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Zip progress

My users have hundreds to thousands of small files in nested folders. If they choose to download a folder zipping it can take several minutes. During that time there is no feedback. Could there be some kind of progress indicator (or at least a spinning cursor) and a cancel button during this operation?
Richard 11/4/2008 1:33 PM
We plan to improve this behaviour in future versions. Currently, the cursor is set busy when on the file listing.
Cem Alacayir 11/18/2008 1:09 PM
Dear support,
I'm a customer of FileUltimate. I need to develop something for a project .. where ve want to permit the download of a lot of files.
The customers can download all the root directory (about 300 MB) ... and the problem is that the people don't have a progress information about this download.
Isn't possibile to have a progress bar like during the upload ?

Thank You very much ...

Mirko
Mirko Montemari 6/23/2011 6:32 AM
Dear Cem,
please .. can You help me ?
It's possible to change the cursor during the zip operation ?

Thank You very much...

Mirko
Mirko Montemari 7/4/2011 10:54 AM
FYI, there a new feature in v3.0:

- Improved: "Download As Zip" action now directly streams the zip file that is being generated to the client. 
So the user will not have to wait for the whole compressing to complete before downloading. The user will see browser's "Open / Save As" dialog immediately and receive the file on the fly as it is being generated.

Please see:
FileUltimate 3.0 RC1 is released
Cem Alacayir 8/1/2011 12:07 PM