These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Upload not working

Hi, I am having a problem. When you press the upload button you get an "error on page" error at the bottom of IE and nothing happens. I upgraded our version to 3.5 to see if that would fix the problem, but it's still not working. This software has worked fine without any problems for a while, we really need this function up and running.

Thank you
Justin Azevedo 11/15/2008 12:30 AM
Has this been fixed yet? Or was this an error on your side? I'm not upgrading to 3.5 if this is still an issue...
Chris Adelt 11/17/2008 4:52 AM
Yes, it's fixed, please test our live demo with your browser to see if you can reproduce the problem.
Cem Alacayir 11/18/2008 2:42 PM
Hello again. I have tested your live demo and it works fine. However, this does not solve my problem.

I have gone though each file in our server folder one by one and all of them match exactly to the zip file we downloaded for version 3.5. I have also restarted the server and ASP.NET and still have the same problem.

Your upload dialog box (on live demo) is different from ours in that it does not load in stages like ours does.

IE says "Error on page" and if you click details, "Line 49, Char 5, Unspecified Error, Code 0, URL: http://xxxx/filevistacontrol/upload.aspx?/rootfolderID=2&relativePath=&refresh=1

We just bought this software 45 days ago and are very concerned that we are not getting support here and that it is no longer working.
Justin Azevedo 11/18/2008 10:13 PM
This seems to be browser caching issue.  Can you please try refreshing the upload page? You can do this by right-clicking just below "Add" button and open browser's context menu for Refresh command (in Firefox This frame > Reload Frame). Another way is to browse directly to
http://xxxx/filevistacontrol/upload.aspx
and use CTRL + F5 to clear browser cache and then returning to FileVista main page and opening the upload dialog.

Let me know if this is the case for your issue.
Cem Alacayir 11/19/2008 1:46 AM
Hi Cem,

Thanks this resolved it. I thought I already did this, but as I remember, I only cleared cache before upgrading to 3.5 while trying to figure out what the problem was. After upgrading I did not clear it again.

Thank you!
Justin Azevedo 11/19/2008 4:50 AM
I had the same problem, but the above fixes did not work for me. I had to uninstall Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex. then it worked OK.
Michael 11/19/2008 12:43 PM
Let me clear the confusion here. There were no bugs or problems in FileVista even with previous version 3.2 regarding uploading files. Last month, Adobe released Flash 10 and users started to report problems as Flash 10 installations were spreading. There were no problems with users who still had Flash 9. The source of the problem is that Adobe changed some Flash API which broke backward compability. This means all applications including FileVista which depended on Flash upload and worked without problems on Flash 8 and 9, were now broken on Flash 10 because of these changes. We quickly noticed the problem and released v3.5 which included compability with Flash 10. Here is the related thread:
Flash 10.0.12.36 breaks upload function

However some users still report errors although they have upgraded. It always turns out that these users either did not update correctly or they did not clear their browser cache and got JavaScript errors because of this.

If you think, there is really a problem other than discussed here before reporting please first test our live demo of FileVista with the same browser and flash version and see if you get the same error. If so, please report your browser and flash version along with the error.
Cem Alacayir 11/21/2008 6:09 AM