These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Renaming folders

Hello,

I have been using a custom built filecenter for some time now, but we are evaluating others at the moment and this seems like a possibilty.  

One requirement that we need, there are no exceptions:

We need to use our current filecenter folder structure which for the most part, won't be an issue using the rootfolder property. Although, we name our folders on the server with a unique numeric value and then rename them on the webbrowser for display only. Is there any way to rename the folders for display on the browser?  I have a method that will run through each node and rename it correctly, I just need to know if there is an accesible property or something that I can use to do this.

Thanks,

Justin
justin 11/23/2008 4:42 PM
Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

justin
justin 11/25/2008 8:10 PM
Hi Justin,
You can already assign an arbitrary display name for the root folders but I guess you also need to rename the subfolders. If your method can consume the XML result of the web service method filevista.asmx/GetFolders , then this may be possible.
Cem Alacayir 11/27/2008 6:07 PM
Is there any limit to the number of subfolders that can be displayed? That is the problem with the system we are using right now, it's limit is around 100, but we can have up to 1000 subfolders.

justin 11/28/2008 3:07 PM
There is no built-in limit but the response time may be long with large number of subfolders. Please see Unable to view > 100 directories.
Cem Alacayir 12/2/2008 2:53 PM