These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Cannot see anything

Hi,
I think that WebExplorer is just what I need - and it saved me the trouble of having to make a similar thing all together, so thanks.
I just have one problem. I can access webexplorer.asp perfectly fine, and login perfectly fine. The only thing is, that it displays "0 subfolders and 0 files", despite the fact I have quite a few of both of these. However, it correctly displays the total size of the folder, and all subfolders and files, as being 3.14MB. So how can it add up file sizes if it thinks there are no files?
A little help?
Jeremy 9/9/2002 6:21 AM
Hi Jeremy,
This is a NTFS permission issue. WebExplorer can't list the contents of the folder because of the lack of NTFS permission "Traverse Folder". However, it can read the folder size as "Read Attributes" permission is set.
I recommend you to set "Modify" permission for the user IUSR_MACHINENAME on your root folder so that WebExplorer is capable of all file operations within that folder.
Cem Alacayir 9/10/2002 1:30 PM
Thanks for your help, and I really mean this.
But I use PWS on a Windows 98 machine, and the hard disk is in FAT32 format.
And can somebody tell me how to change this IUSR_MACHINENAME thing, considering it sounds like it is an NTFS thing.
Jeremy 9/11/2002 2:21 AM
This is very strange then.
Are you sure that the script constant "showHiddenItems" is set true? The files and folders may have hidden attributes set.
By the way, you can find how to configure NTFS settings Restrictions.
Cem Alacayir 9/14/2002 12:28 PM
Very strange...
Just a while ago, on the same Windows 98 computer I got errors when I tried running ASP pages through PWS. A simple reinstall corrected this though.
However, the exact same copy of WebExplorer works on a Windows ME computer with PWS.
I personally do not know what to do, but the problem is not big at all as the site is actually hosted on a Windows 2000 Server with IIS, and I do not need remote file management on my Windows 98 computer.
All the same, thanks for your help Cem.
Jeremy 9/15/2002 12:45 AM