These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Upload Error #2038 on MAC

I'm getting Error #2038 on Upload for files of any size.  Running FileVista 4.1, using Flash upload method.  Everything works fine on Windows 7 using IE8, IE9, and Firefox 3.  I get the error on a Mac running Snow Leopard using either Firefox or Safari.  I do not have the issue in Browser or Ajax mode, but I really need to use Flash so that users can select multiple files at a time in the Add dialog box (this does not appear to work in either Browser or Ajax mode).  There are no errors in the Events log but all events are marked to be logged in settings.
Jeff 12/29/2010 1:06 PM
Any news on this error?  It does not work using Mac + Safari.  Win 7 + IE8 is great
jamrott 1/5/2011 1:41 PM
Hi Cem,
same problem here with different Mac versions: Tiger (10.4.11) and Leopard (10.5.8). No matter if Safari or FF, still getting that error.

Same problem on your live demo.

Please let us know.

Thank you

(With Win, no problem)
Filippo 1/18/2011 2:19 AM
Follow up: flash upload demo works well on Tiger, both Safari and FF.
It seems to be related to Mac/Filevista :(

Please let us know, it has been frustrating :-//

Thank you
Filippo 1/18/2011 2:27 AM
Cem - does this help?

http://www.catalysts.cc/wissenswertes/flex-file-io-error-2038-on-mac-clients/

>>The fix was an easy one, we just added a trailing slash to the upload URL specified in the Actionscript code and everything worked fine.

Jeff 1/18/2011 7:43 AM
To all users, who experience flash error #2038 on Mac based browsers (Firefox, Safari), we have released fix 3 for FileVista v4.1 which solves this problem. This release also includes some other fixes especially for Mac platform.

Note that #2038 is a generic error and it may happen on other cases such as using self-signed certificates with SSL (most of these causes are flash plugin bugs which we can not fix).

This fix is especially for Mac platform problems, it should also solve Linux based problems but we haven't tested it yet.

Please see this topic for more information and download link for the fix:
Fix 3 for FileVista v4.1
Cem Alacayir 1/19/2011 1:14 AM
Success!  Thank you.
Jeff 1/19/2011 10:43 AM
how do I download and apply this fix? Do I just download the newest MSI and install to the server or is there a special patch file?
morris 7/25/2011 5:37 PM
Silly me. I didn't see the link. 
morris 7/25/2011 5:38 PM