These forums are read-only and considered to be an archive. Please use the new Community for future interaction and posts.

Newly created folders will be displayed on user without permission

Hi,

Since Update to Version 5.0.1 following problem exists:

I create a new root folder and authorize e.g. two users on this root folder (with full access).
This root folder will be listed for all users (even if the user does not have authority to this folder).
The root folder is only listed, the content of the root folder is not displayed. Is rather troublesome for the users. I already got a lot of complaint
This happens with every root older that I have created since the update to version 5.0.1.

Is this problem known?
Is there a solution or have I to wait for the next release?

Best thanks in advance.
Roman
Roman 3/14/2013 2:07 AM
Yes, this is a known issue but you can avoid it without waiting for the next minor release.
Please see my last reply in this topic:
Root Folder Permissions/Visibility
Cem Alacayir 3/14/2013 3:07 AM
Thanks for your answer Cem.

That means, that I can not set permissions on subfolders until the new release is ready?
We use FileVista with around 50 root folders and subfolders under each root folder itself with other permissions :S
Is there a possibility to downgrade FileVista and then I will update again when the new version is ready.

Best Regards
Roman
Roman 3/14/2013 5:46 AM
No, you can still set permissions for subfolders. This problem occurs only when you disable inheritance for a subfolder. Just allow inheritance (check "inherit from parent" checkbox) for all subfolders but deny permissions when necessary. You will notice that the inherited entries are greyed out but when you click on them, you can still change an Allow to a Deny permission and vice versa. This works similarly to Windows permission where you usually override in a subfolder but you merely need to disable the inheritance from root (eg. from C:\).

In v5.0, we improved the permission system so most of the time you don't need to uncheck "inherit from parent" to override the permissions in the subfolder.

We are in the middle of a new release which is to be released very soon. Downgrade is not possible so I recommend the easy workaround above for the meantime.
Cem Alacayir 3/14/2013 6:18 AM
Nevermind, we will provide a fix today, I will let you know.
Cem Alacayir 3/14/2013 6:56 AM
Ok, we have now released the fix, please see:
Fix 2 for FileVista v5.0 (v5.0.5)
Cem Alacayir 3/14/2013 12:05 PM
Thanks for the great support. Now it works.
Roman 3/15/2013 2:41 AM